Thereupon He spoke these words of victory:
” Seeking but not finding the house builder,
I hurried through the round of many births:
Painful is birth ever and again.
O house builder, you have been seen;
You shall not build the house again.
Your rafters have been broken up,
Your ridgepole is demolished too.
My mind has now attained the unformed Nibbana.
And reached the end of every sort of craving.”
You can read here more about The Buddha’s Life & Teaching
1. Do not believe in anything (simply ) because you have heard it.
2. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations.
3. Do not believe in anything because it is spoken and rumoured by many.
4. Do not believe in anything ( simply ) because it is found written in your religious books.
5. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
6. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is condusive to the good and benefit of one and all then accept it and live up to it.